An employee holding residency visas and working in Kuwait, need to register for Civil ID card to work with a company, institution or ministry. The applicant or his representatives with a power of attorney must attend for the procedures. If the foreign employee fails to register within 30 days of obtaining the residency stamp, a fine of KD 20 will be paid.
New Civil ID requirements
- Original passport and a copy
- 2 recent colored photos, size: 4 × 6 c.m.
- Photos without eyeglasses.
- Face should be center and length range from 2:2 to 2:5 cm.
- Military uniform Photos are not allowed.
- Photo background color should not affect the clarity.
- Contract signed by the applicant
- Blood group certificate.
- Copy of the civil ID for residents living in the same address, if the applicant lives in a traditional house
- Power of attorney from the Ministry of Justice, if applicant does not attend.
Kuwait Civil ID registration Procedures
- Visit the Public Authority of Civil Information Headquarters, Zahra, ground floor, Citizens’ Office and submit all above documents.
- Fill the application forms
- Pay the fees.
Kuwait Civil ID Inquiry
Kuwait Civil ID inquiry is not difficult to do it yourself. You should visit e.gov.kw website to inquiry the civil id. Then go to Kuwait Government Online, then> Citizens and Residents, then > Personal and Family then> Inquiring about Civil ID Status to know its status. Kuwait Civil ID inquiry service is provided by Kuwait Public Authority for Civil Information. go here for Kuwait Civil ID check number.
To Know Your Civil ID status, you can call to the number: 1889988
After entering Kuwait Civil ID Number, you will get following message:
Civil ID status Message:
“Our records show that either, you have not renewed your Civil ID Card, and the card is considered cancelled, or the procedures for renewing your ID card are not yet complete. If you have already submitted your renewal documents please try again in 10 days.”
Kuwait Civil ID Renewal
- If you want to renew your Kuwait Civil ID you can visit the Public Authority of Civil Information Head
- office at Zahra, Checkers’ Building, ground floor, Reception Center to renew Kuwait Civil ID card.
- You must take Old Civil ID card with you for Kuwait Civil ID renewal.
- Complete the form, pay requisition fees.
Alternatively, you can renew your Kuwait Civil Identification card by a phone call.
- Step-1: Call to 889988.
- Step-2: Choose 1 for Arabic or 2 for English.
- Step-3: Choose Service Number 1.
- Step-4: Enter your Kuwait Civil ID Number and wait till your request is processed.
- Step-5: Go to Kuwait Civil ID renewal page .
- Step-6: Enter your Civil ID number and follow instruction.
- Step-7: Go to Public Authority of Civil Information Headquarters, Zahra, Checkers’ Building, ground flr, Reception Hall for new Kuwait Civil ID.
- Step-8: Pay ID Card acquisition Fees.
Kuwait Civil ID Renewal Payment:
1) Smart Card acquisition Fees: 5KD.
2) Plastic Card acquisition fees: 2KD.
Kuwait Civil ID Lost
If you lost your Kuwait Civil ID, you should report authority immediately by filling out the Kuwait Civil ID lost declaration form. Then you will receive another Civil ID after completion a process with short time.