Like sysadmins prior to them, community engineers are discovering that they can not do their paintings manually anymore. As the sphere faces new protocols, applied sciences, supply fashions, and a urgent want for companies to be extra agile and versatile, community automation is changing into very important. This sensible information displays community engineers methods to use a variety of applied sciences and gear—together with Linux, Python, JSON, and XML—to automate their techniques thru code.
Network programming and automation will permit you to simplify duties all for configuring, dealing with, and working community apparatus, topologies, products and services, and connectivity. In the course of the process the guide, you’ll be told the elemental abilities and gear you want to make this very important transition.
This guide covers:
- Python programming basics: information sorts, conditionals, loops, purposes, categories, and modules
- Linux basics to give you the basis you want to your community automation journey
- Data codecs and fashions: JSON, XML, YAML, and YANG for networking
- Jinja templating and its applicability for developing community instrument configurations
- The function of software programming interfaces (APIs) in community automation
- Source keep watch over with Git to control code adjustments all through the automation process
- How Ansible, Salt, and StackStorm open supply automation gear can be utilized to automate community devices
- Key gear and applied sciences required for a Steady Integration (CI) pipeline in community operations