Agile Knowledge Warehouse Design is a step by step information for shooting Knowledge warehousing / Industry intelligence (DW/BI) necessities and turning them into top efficiency dimensional fashions in essentially the most direct method: via modelstorming (Knowledge modeling + brainstorming) with BI stakeholders.
The ebook describes BEAM, an agile solution to dimensional modeling, for making improvements to conversation among Knowledge warehouse designers, BI stakeholders and the entire DW/BI building group. BEAM supplies gear and methods so that it will inspire DW/BI designers and Builders to transport clear of their keyboards and entity courting based totally gear and type interactively with their colleagues. The result’s everybody thinks dimensionally from the outset! Builders take note tips on how to successfully enforce dimensional modeling answers. Industry stakeholders really feel possession of the knowledge warehouse they’ve created, and will already consider how they are going to use it to reply to their Industry questions.
Inside this ebook, you’re going to be informed:
- Agile dimensional modeling the usage of Industry Adventure Research & Modeling (BEAM)
- Modelstorming: Knowledge modeling that may be sooner, extra inclusive, extra efficient, and albeit extra amusing!
- Telling dimensional Knowledge tales the usage of the 7Ws (who, what, whilst, the place, what number of, why and the way)
- Modeling via instance now not abstraction; the usage of Knowledge tale topics, now not crow’s ft, to explain detail
- Storyboarding the knowledge warehouse to find conformed dimensions and plan iterative development
- Visual modeling: sketching timelines, charts and grids to type complicated procedure dimension – simply
- Agile layout documentation: bettering big name schemas with BEAM dimensional shorthand notation
- Solving tricky DW/BI efficiency and value issues of confirmed dimensional layout patterns