1. How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?
– Albert Einstein.
2. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
– Albert Einstein.
3. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.
– Steve Jobs
4. You miss 100 percent shots you never take .
– Wayne Gretzky
5. You can do anything, but not everything.
– David Allen
6. The third rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.
—A. A. Milne
7. You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
8. A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
— bBaltasar Gracian
9. To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
10. Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.
11. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new lands but seeing with new eyes.
12. Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
13. Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching
14. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
15. Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories.
16. What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.
17. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.
18. Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.
—Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
19. Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
20. Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.
—Virgil Garnett Thomsong
21. What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
22. When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.
23. We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
24. When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean.
25. Just the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
26. Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.
27. My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists.
28. Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
29. We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.
30. Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it.
31. If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.
32. There are many who dare not kill themselves for fear of what the neighbors will say.
33. The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.
34. Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost how it feels about dogs.
35. If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
36. When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
37. I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it shorter.
38. Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.
– André Gide
39. I’d rather live with a good question than a bad answer.
40. Laughing at our mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it.
41. We learn something every day, and lots of times it’s that what we learned the day before was wrong.
42. Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.
43. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
44. Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
45. I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.
46. Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.
—Dame Edna Everage