- The masterworks of 13 mythical unbiased watchmakers gathered in a extremely illustrated volume
- Contains distinctive sketches and pictures of the watches, and accompanying specs
- Photographs of the masters at paintings and outlines in their inventive process
- Biographies produced in collaboration with the watchmakers themselves
- This extent accompanies a touring exhibition devoted to the Artwork of hand made watchmaking
“Actual novelties and tendencies in watchmaking come from the watchmaking artisans. It is time to honour them as they must be honoured.” – Denis Flageollet
Watchmakers: The Masters of Artwork Horology gathers the paintings of probably the most celebrated unbiased watchmakers on this planet. 13 artisans, each and every a legend within the realm of haute horlogerie, inform their tales, describing the standard running strategies and prized watches upon which their reputations were constructed.
Photographs of the masters in their workshops deliver their tales to lifestyles, at the side of distinctive sketches and pictures in their watches in all their sensible intricacy. Watchmakers additionally options insightful textual content from different best figures of the unbiased watchmaking global, together with Aurel Bacs of the Fondation Haute Horlogerie and Nicholas Foulkes, creator for Vainness Honest, The Telegraph and GQ, and creator of the one licensed biography of Patek Philippe.
Watchmakers: Hajime Asaoka, Ludovic Ballouard, Christophe Claret, George Daniels, Denis Flageollet (De Bethune), Philippe Dufour, Laurent Ferrier, Romain Gauthier, Vianney Halter, Christian Klings, Jean Daniel Nicolas (Daniel Roth), Roger Smith, Kari Voutilainen