The 5th installment of the bestselling Highbrow Devotional collection options 365 charming entries approximately essentially the most celebrated personalities in historical past.
Like its compulsively readable predecessors, The Highbrow Devotional Biographies is arranged into seven classes, one for every day of the week. With their trademark wit and magnificence, authors David Kidder and Noah Oppenheim be offering an array of attention-grabbing info approximately top figures from Atilla the Hun to Desmond Tutu.
In this day by day devotional, you are going to know about:
• authors and artists, from Homer and Ovid to Oscar Wilde and Virginia Woolf
• leaders, akin to Queen Elizabeth I, Abraham Lincoln, Susan B. Anthony, and Napoleon Bonaparte
• innovators, from Johannes Gutenberg to Isaac Newton to Werner Heisenberg
• philosophers, together with Socrates, Epicurus, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Jean-Paul Sartre
• rebels and reformers, from Joan of Arc and Spartacus to Galileo and Che Guevara
• preachers and prophets, together with Lao-tzu, John the Baptist, Martin Luther, and Gandhi
• villains, akin to Benedict Arnold, Genghis Khan, Ivan the Poor, and Jack the Ripper
This quantity stocks the private histories, accomplishments, and problems of 365 individuals who have left an indelible mark at the international.