Management and dissemination of the Highbrow Assets (IP) property maintained through cultural Establishments is a key accountability of taking good care of collections. Rights and reproductions methodologies are apparently ever-converting with new applied sciences, additional distribution avenues, evolving case regulation, acceptable court docket choices, and new legislation.
This new adaptation of Rights & Reproductions: The Manual for Cultural Establishments marks the primary time this helpful e-newsletter is to be had in print in addition to virtual. Development upon the ideas, requirements, and very best practices defined within the first adaptation, the Handbook additional investigates present tendencies in rights and reproductions practices, significantly increasing the dialogue of honest use pointers and codes, Ingenious Commons and RightsStatements.org, open get entry to, social media packages, and the entire means of engaging in rights clearances and acquiring permissions for the rising record of conceivable makes use of of a cultural establishment’s IP.
Highlights of the second one adaptation come with:
- A new bankruptcy dedicated to honest use and open access
- Overall updates to acceptable case regulation, rights clearance practices, and distribution partners
- Over 20 case research outlining actual-international examples from the authors’ studies and practices at their institutions
- Expanded thesaurus defining phrases so they’re simple to understand
- Updated appendices with new references, tools, and court docket choices
- Over 50 agreement and record templates equipped through the authors’ institutions
The Handbook is the will have to-have, complete useful resource for cultural establishment execs coping with rights-similar paintings, together with registrars, rights and reproductions managers, archivists, librarians, and attorneys.