“An enchanting public airing of personal feelings—a few darkish, others humorous, endearing or irritating—written on selfmade postcards. . . . The variability of efforts (meticulous, sloppy, clever, ponderous) will astound you.” —TIME.com
A interesting, addictively compelling have a look at other folks’s inner most secrets and techniques, informed thru anonymously submitted postcards.
Frank Warren is the founder and curator of the PostSecret undertaking. For the undertaking, which was once began in October 2004, Warren requested other folks to put in writing a mystery that they had by no means informed any individual on a home made postcard and mail it to him. He then displayed decided on playing cards—the authors are nameless—on his web page, www.postsecret.com. The reaction was once overwhelming, and the playing cards are fantastic of their honesty and creativity. Each and every card bears an intimate, tough, and even chilling sentiment, informed thru home made illustrations, images, collages, and different inventive method. A few of the lots of wonderful playing cards Warren won are the next messages:
• “Once in a while once I’m having intercourse with my spouse I’m pondering of my mother…”
• “He’s been in jail for 2 years as a result of what I did. 9 extra to move…”
• “I waste place of work provides as a result of I hate my boss.”
• “I’m a Southern Baptist pastor’s spouse. No person is aware of that I don’t imagine in God.”
• “I’ve to shave my ft… (I’m a lady…)”
For the ebook Warren has for my part decided on approximately 300 postcards that powerfully mirror the original essence of this exceptional undertaking.