Hacking is the Artwork of inventive downside fixing, whether or not that suggests discovering an unconventional technique to a hard downside or exploiting holes in sloppy programming. Many of us name themselves hackers, however few have the robust technical basis had to truly push the envelope.
Rather than simply appearing learn how to run present exploits, writer Jon Erickson explains how arcane hacking tactics in reality paintings. To proportion the Artwork and technological know-how of hacking in some way that may be out there to everybody, Hacking: The Artwork of Exploitation, 2d Edition introduces the basics of C programming from a hacker’s viewpoint.
The incorporated LiveCD supplies an entire Linux programming and debugging surroundings—all with out editing your present running machine. Use it to observe at the side of the ebook’s examples as you fill gaps for your wisdom and discover hacking tactics by yourself. Get your palms grimy debugging code, overflowing buffers, hijacking community communications, bypassing protections, exploiting cryptographic weaknesses, and maybe even inventing new exploits. This ebook will train you learn how to:
– Application computer systems the use of C, meeting language, and shell scripts
– Corrupt machine reminiscence to run arbitrary code the use of buffer overflows and structure strings
– Check up on processor registers and machine reminiscence with a debugger to achieve an actual working out of what’s happening
– Outsmart not unusual safety features like nonexecutable stacks and intrusion detection systems
– Acquire get admission to to a far off server the use of port-binding or attach-again shellcode, and change a server’s logging habits to cover your presence
– Redirect community site visitors, disguise open ports, and hijack TCP connections
– Crack encrypted wi-fi site visitors the use of the FMS assault, and accelerate brute-pressure assaults the use of a password chance matrix
Hackers are at all times pushing the bounds, investigating the unknown, and evolving their Artwork. Even supposing you do not already understand how to Application, Hacking: The Artwork of Exploitation, 2d Edition provides you with an entire image of programming, system structure, community communications, and present hacking tactics. Mix this data with the incorporated Linux surroundings, and all you want is your individual creativity.