200 implausible girls. 126 hours of interviews. 16,000 images. 5 questions.
A picture of feminine existence around the world: This selection of interviews with 200 girls from various backgrounds takes you on a adventure that’s heartbreaking and uplifting. Every lady stocks her distinctive respond to the similar 5 questions: What truly issues to you?, What brings you happiness?, What do you regard because the lowest intensity of distress?, What might you amendment if you need to?, and Which unmarried phrase do you so much determine with? The number of solutions provides items of empowerment and energy – inviting us to deliver sure amendment at a time while such a lot of are preventing for elementary freedom and equality.
Interviewees come with:
- Jane Goodall, conservation and animal welfare activist
- Margaret Atwood, creator and winner of The Booker Prize
- Roxane Homosexual, creator and feminist
- Renée Montagne, former host of NPR’s Morning Edition
- Alicia Garza, activist and co-founding father of Black Lives Subject
- Alfre Woodard, award-profitable actor and activist
- Marian Wright Edelman, head of the Youngsters’s Protection Fund
- Lydia Ko, skilled golfer and Olympian
- Dolores Huerta, hard work activist, neighborhood organizer, and co-founding father of the Nationwide Farm Employees Association
- Alice Waters, chef, creator, and meals rights advocate
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, creator and Macarthur Basis fellow
Each interview is followed via a photographic portrait, leading to a extent that may be compelling in phrase and symbol—and international in its scope and resonance. This landmark ebook is printed to coincide with an interactive web page, development in this exceptional, ever-evolving undertaking.
200 Women reminds us that there aren’t any abnormal girls.
- Makes a good looking birthday, commencement, or going away reward for each lady to inspire non-public expansion.
Great espresso desk ebook to spark conversations approximately robust and inspirational girls around the world.