World EcoTourism and Economy: Tourist visiting undisturbed natural areas where propose of travel is to learn, directly benefit the economic development and political empowerment of local people as well as respect to tradition and culture considering ecotourism. Ecotourism focus on flora, fauna and cultural heritage where dealings with living part of the natural environment.
Ecotourism helps local communities; social and economic development of the people reduced negative impact in the conventional tourism that enhance cultural integrity.
According to the International Ecotourism Society (TIES), ecotourism is “Responsible travel to natural areas that conserves the environment and improves the well-being of local people”
– Natural area
– Minimizes impact
– Environment safety awareness
– Financial benefits go to local communities
– Development infrastructures
– Respect local tradition
– Provide job to local people
– Never damage environmental elements
– Minimum wastage
– Local culture, flora, fauna are the main attractions
Any kind of financial benefits from ecotourism must go to local people directly. Travel should respect local culture and eager to know local communities.
There are many countries like Nepal, Ecuador, Kenya, Madagascar, costa Rica and territories of Antarctica�s main earning industry is ecotourism.
Ecotourism or responsible tourism started in 1980. People of the areas prepared themselves to welcome tourists, increase environment awareness and explore nature beauty.
The study found that two-third poverty reduction in the ecotourism areas as a significant achievement of Costa Rica.
Government and non-government organization are working together to develop ecotourism and making concept to people know effect of ecotourism. In many places of the world natural hills and high land areas with flora and fauna destroyed for tourism business.
Eco-Tourism has become one of the fastest growing tourism industry of the globe that growing by 15% annually. But most of the ecotourism projects are not fulfilling demand or maintaining standard. On the other hand, most of the ecotourism industry owner are foreigner, hence they took majority of the profit into their pocket instead of further investment.
Another problem is very small number of local peoples are employed in the ecotourism because of their education and experience.
The government should take initiative to protect environment with the development of ecotourism.
Top 11 ecotourism places of the world:
– The Amazon Rainforest:The Amazon is the world biggest rainforest located in Brazil that called lungs of world as the rainforest helps stabilize global climate, mostly boarding eight country, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, Bolivia and France Guiana.
– Sariska Tiger Reserve: It is located in the Alwar District of Rajasthan, India. These days, there are not left many tiger, these tigers are attraction of the region along with leopards & jungle cats.
– Sundarbans: Sundarbans is the world largest mangrove forest is located in the southern side of Bangladesh. There are Royal Bengal Tigers, Rhinoceros, Leopards ,Wild Buffaloes, Wild Hogs, Barking Deer, Barasinga, Spotted Deer, Hog Deer, Wild Cats , Monkeys and many colorful birds are found in Sundarbans.
– Galapagos Marine Reserve: It is located in Galapagos island of Ecuador. The Galapagos is the wonderful place of flora and fauna. Charles Darwin stay here and formulate the Theory of Evolution during his stay. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
– Sognefjord: Located in the southern side of Sogn on Fjordane, Norway, is the largest fjord in Norway and the 2nd largest in the world. An arm of this fjord, N’r’yfjord, Its is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
– Kinabalu National Park: It is located in the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia, also a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The National park is home to a many of birds, insects, mammals, amphibians, & reptiles , Nepenthes rajah, Giant red leech and giant earthworm.
– Sagarmatha National Park: Sagarmatha National Park is a Natural World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Himalayas is in the eastern side and contains the southern half of Mount Everest. It is mostly rugged & steep terrain with rivers and glaciers, but you can still go hiking and explore the park’s attraction by foot.
– Urnatur : Beautiful trees and green leaves of the Urnatur really attack you mind to go again and again. Just get away from the busy city, and head on out to UrNatur, a wood hermitage located 7 KM.. outside of ‘desh’g, in the south side of Sweden.
– Dolphin Bay : It is located in the Pacific Ocean, Peliliu is port of Palau island of east of Philippines. Main attractions of the island rich marine life especially spinner dolphins. Tourist can catch mammals through the water, spinning up in the air, and jumping in unison.
– K?lauea Point National Wildlife Refuge: This wildlife kilauae point is situated in Kuaai of Hawai’I, It was established in 1985 as a National Wildlife Refuge to preserve seabird nesting colonies, Every year thousands migratory seabirds like Laysan albatrosses, red-footed boobies, brown boobies, red-tailed and white-tailed tropicbirds, great frigatebirds, and wedge-tailed shearwaters come here.
– Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa: Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa is located in UAE. It’s the main heritage Dubai. This desert life encourages you to discover the romance ancient Bedouin (traditional) style settlement.m r